Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy Times!

So I thought I would update everyone on the last couple of months and why I haven't been very good about keeping in touch with everyone.  Back in May of this year we decided to put the house we were building for one of our out of state clients in the Spokane Fall Festival of Homes.  They had decided they wanted to sell it and I thought it would be a great way to get their home exposure and also to get exposure for our subdivision and for Jason as a builder.  The women in charge of the show at Spokane Home Builders Association came out to preview the home and suggested that we should put our own personal home in the show as well.  This she thought was a good way to get more people out here with two homes in the show and also a way for us to show more product as a builder.  This idea absolutely scared me!! How would I have my home "show" ready with 4 kids!?  

We did end up deciding to put our home in and spent most of the summer getting the two homes and the subdivision ready.  It was an exhausting few months preparing but I think it was a Great Success!!  We made some really good contacts and have some people looking to use Jason as their builder now.  

Thanks to my sister Kathy and many good friends, I was able to have the kids well taken care of for both of the 3 day weekends.  

A fun surprise to all of this was having our personal home sweep all the awards in our price bracket!  Visit www.spokanefestivalofhomes.com and click on Virtual Tours at the top of the page.  Our home is #31 and our clients home is #30.  

It was a huge relief to have gotten through both weekends and Jeannie and Gordon were able to come up that last week and help out with the whole circus!! Thanks to you both for all of your help!

Just when I thought I was going to get a break the kids elementary school came calling looking for someone to chair their Fall Festival.  I was told if someone didn't offer to take it on, that they would have to cancel this very long school tradition!!  Well I couldn't let that happen so I took on the challenge only having 2 weeks to prepare.  Having never been to one of these Fall Festivals posed as another challenge.  Thanks Dale for letting me pick your brain to death on the whole thing!! I couldn't have done it without you!  It turned out great and I think everyone had a fun time who went!  I even think I might do it again next year being that I have tons of time to prepare and can do it the way I REALLY think it should have gone!

That is my life for now and am looking forward to the upcoming Holidays!

No comments: