After 13 years of marriage, Jason and I decided(Ok, I decided) that it was time for a dog! My kids have wanted one for a very long time and had resorted to making comments like, "We are not like other NORMAL kids because we don't have a dog!" and "It's just not fair because everyone has one except us!" I have had one really good reason to wait and that was because three years ago Ryder was tested as being allergic to both cats and dogs. If you remember the blog entry from two Christmas's ago, you'll recall the failed attempt to adopt two little kittens. Over the last few years he has seemed to tolerate being around many of my friends dogs just fine. I decided we'd give it a try and I wanted to rescue a dog from one of the animal shelters in town. We went to one and found this adorable little Jack Russell Terrior. I grew up with one and it felt so good to have this little dog in our home. The kids adored her, however after day 5 Ryder broke out pretty bad. We had to get rid of her, which I had the hardest time with, but was determined to get one that would work!
SHELBY!
I started researching hypoallergenic dogs and found that Labradoodles are a wonderful breed for those suffering from allergies. We bought Charlotte from a local breeder and now I have my little girl! So far so good with Ryder too!

2 comments:
I hope Shelby works out for you guys! I've never been much of a pet person but the kids sure love them and I think it's a good experience for them.
congrats on the new addition! She looks sweet! We are facing the same future in our house but thats because I don't want to take care of anything else!! I just found your blog... I hope you guys are well, your boys are soo handsome!! Love ya, Liz
Post a Comment