Thursday, February 18, 2010

Highlights of Fall 2009!

After being somewhat of a "gypsy", and spending about a year back and forth between
my five siblings homes, my Mom decided to move permanently to Cheney!
She has a great little apartment in town about 10 mins and one stoplight away!
She and I went in September to see Topol in his final performance of Fiddler On The Roof!
It was AMAZING!


This was pretty funny.....my Mom and I were leaving the theater and right as we were approaching the back of the building, Topol was exiting to leave in his car! He didn't sign autographs, but stayed a few minutes to visit and pose for pics with his fans! We were total "groupies"!

Also in September I was called as the Young Womens President! Wow, this was a surprise! I haven't worked with the YW but only one time as beehive advisor for about 6 months. So needless to say, I was really excited! The cool thing was that those beehives are all Laurels now and I get to be with them again!

YW Presidency at our costume party!

Eve and I working the 80's style!


Most of the girls are in this pic!



We left the middle of October to go on a much needed family vacation! Jasons 20 year highschool reunion was the third weekend of October and so we decided to drive down as a family and take two weeks to do it! Our first stop was Westhaven, UT to visit the Kelly family! We also made a stop to see the Miles family while we were there. Brad and Jason were missionary companions and we hadn't seen their family in a very long time!

Next stop was visiting my niece Darby at the Salt Lake Childrens Hospital! She is currently cancer free and doing very well! We got to see her new prostetic leg and catch up on the last years events!

Then we made a trip to Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT to meet up with our good friends Treesje Bennett and Willow & Shane Jager! Willow and I met in 4th grade and were best friends and roomates through college! It was great to see them all and catch up!





Next stop Las Vegas! The kids haven't been back to visit since we moved to WA four years ago and they were really excited to see some of their friends! We stayed the first night with the York family! Mandi and I met eleven years ago when we first moved to Vegas. Brock was one yr old when we met and Nicole was maybe a few months old. It was fun to see them together again! If arranged marriages were still allowed, I would pick Nicole! HA, HA!

The kids had never met little Mary, but her and Ryder sure hit it off!!!

The skate ramp in the back yard was a HIT and my kids still talk about it!
Seriously, how cute is Shawn?

We Love and Miss the Yorks!!!!!
We headed to Brawley, CA next to make Jason's reunion! We had a great time visiting Grandma and Papa Jongeward too!

Getting ready to go to the reunion!
Here is the Class of 1989 Homecoming King and Queen!!!

This is Jason's best friend from highschool, JoJo and his wife Rose.

It was a great turn out and we had a really good time! I only knew like two people but it was fun to see everybody so excited to see Jason. I already knew I married the perfect guy, but it was still really cool to hear so many wonderful things said about him by so many people! It was like being with a celebrity the whole night!!!

Monday we headed to San Diego to go to Sea World with Grandma and Papa! We met Aunt Carrie and Uncle Brent there for a wonderful, fun filled day! Thanks Grandma and Papa for taking everybody!












We said "Goodbye" to the family and headed to Disneyland and Disneyland CA the next day!
We spent two days having a blast going between the two parks!

I had never been to Disneyland during Halloween and the decorations were awesome!













The Best ride of the day......Toy Story shoot out in 3D!









This picture speaks a thousand words!!! We were all exhausted after two packed and fun filled days! The kids are still talking about it!



After our Disneyland adventures were over we headed back to Las Vegas! First stop was our old neighborhood. We got to see our good friends the Whitelesly Family and the Pay Family!
The kids hadn't seen each other in almost 4 years, so everyone hardly recognized each other!
Our visit was MUCH to SHORT but it was still great to see them!

Darlene and Laura

Brock, Blake, Zack and Kyle

Shawna, Rylee and Amanda Pay!
What beautiful girls, I like to consider myself their God Mother!

We were SO excited to see Tammy, Carolyn, Jake and Lainey!!!
We missed them on the way down because Jake was sick. It was wonderful to spend the night with them and love on my adorable nephew and niece! The kids always have such a blast hanging out together too!

Best Buds!

Look at those crazy curls!
My favorite Jakey Spanky!


It doesn't get any cuter than this!!!

Next stop St. George UT. The kids were SO happy to see their cousins, especially Darby! She has been in our constant thoughts and prayers over the last year and it was great to finally give her a great big squeeze!

We stayed with Jason's Grandma in Saratoga Springs, UT for a few days visiting all his side of the family. It was great to see his Uncle Bob and Aunt Val and most of his cousins! I don't know why I didn't get any pictures, but we stayed over Halloween and the kids trick or treated with their 2nd cousins! Thanks Val for helping us throw costumes together, you're awesome!


We got to make a quick visit to see the Heugly family while we were in town also. Jason and Dee were missionary companions and we had a great time catching up and getting to know eachothers families!


We were getting closer to home with one last stop to see family in Boise, ID! It was wonderful to see my brother William and sister Susan and their families! There never seems to be enough time to visit but we are always glad for anytime we can get!

Jonah and Parker
What great looking cousins!


That was our vacation in a nutshell and we made memories that will last us a lifetime!!!!

1 comment:

Heidi D said...

That's one awesome vacation! Love all the pictures too. :)