Thursday, January 8, 2009

allergic


Our little Ryder has allergies to a few things, one of them being cats.  You may be questioning my previous post at this moment which shows the pictures of our newest family additions.   As a responsible  parent, I took Ryder to see the kittens a least twice a  week for four weeks to see how he reacted to them.  Every time we saw the kittens there were no adverse reactions and so I thought either his allergies to cats were mild or surly he must have outgrown it.  

The first three days of life with the kittens went great.....and then day four.  As this picture shows, he would start to hive up on his face and itch every time he had direct contact with the cats.  Being that he is 2, that was pretty much all day.  So sadly the girls were returned to their "real" Mom(my friend Cristina) this last week.  The boys took it like real troopers, and they know that they can visit them anytime they like.  

Dottie and Bella came from a litter of 4 kittens.  Their sister Phoebe has been crying for them since they left her!  They were happily reunited when I returned the girls and as the pictures show, there was much hugging and kissing going on!




2 comments:

Heidi D said...

That's too bad. :(

Those kitties looked happy to be back together though.

Sydney said...

poor guy-- I hate cats-- yuk