Sunday, January 11, 2009

Melting

Not that you can tell from these pictures, however, the snow has been melting the last few days here and it is bitter sweet for me.  I took these pictures last week after waking up one morning to yet another few inches of snow. 

There is nothing more beautiful really than to see the fresh blanket of snow on the trees.  The trees can never seem to hold the snow very long as the wind will blow it away or the weight of it on the branches causes mini avalanches throughout the day.  

I absolutely hate driving in the snow, and I hate that my husband has to work out in it everyday.  Still, I love looking out my windows at the amazing views and seeing everything coated in white.  It has such a purifying effect on the earth and makes everything appear so pristine and glorious.  
This is looking out my front door and down our long driveway.  Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive!

This is my favorite view from our house looking out from our backyard down to the little town of Marshall.   A town so small if you blink driving past, you might miss it.  I  love the quaintness of the old barn down below.  
The Paulouse Mountains.  

1 comment:

Sydney said...

beautiful-- ok post a pict of us --i wanta see it and then i will steal it for my blog